Construction Site Supervisor
The Construction Site Supervisor will be primarily responsible for leading the daily activities of construction staff and assisting in the resolution of design issues, change requests, material defects and equipment problems. The position requires the performance of various tasks at construction projects including cleaning and preparing work-sites, mixing, pouring and spreading cement, positioning, joining, aligning, and sealing structural components and installing sewer, water, and storm drain pipes, etc. The candidate must be capable of operating a variety of equipment and tools, which may include: jackhammers, pavement breakers, concrete mixers, earth compactors, boring machines, mechanical hoists, and surveying and measuring equipment. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Lead the daily activities of construction staff; providing coaching and training as required.
- Assist in the resolution of design issues, change requests, material defects and equipment problems.
- Monitor job progress and provides regular progress reporting to management.
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency.
- Ensure the efficient use of labour, machines and materials used by construction staff.
- Take an active role in monitoring performance, providing feedback and taking corrective action.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- College diploma in an appropriate construction related field
- Journeyman or equivalent qualifications
- 10 years of experience as a Construction Lead Hand
- 10 years of experience as a construction worker
- Applicable licenses to operate forklifts and other related machinery
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
- A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques
- Strong leadership and delegation skills
The Carpenter under the direction of Site Supervisor is responsible for building, restoring and/or installing of structural materials. This position requires knowledge of the Commercial & Institutional construction industry. Specifically the practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, and safety associated with this industry. The Journeymen Carpenter must be proficient at the following tasks: stain-grade trim work, layout of walls, ceilings, using metal break reading blueprints.
- Lay building foundations
- Construct chutes, forms, and align form panels
- Framing including doors and windows
- set up of scaffold, or project fencing
- handle and transport materials
- other related duties as assigned by the site supervisor
- 5 years carpentry experience
- time management skills
- own transportation
- receptive to change
- currently working in construction
- knowledge of work place safety and reading blueprints
To Apply for the positions listed above please send your resume including references to: firstname.lastname@example.org